Svetlana Freiberga, Data Programmer at Pharmetheus, gave three seminars at University of Latvia on Model-Informed-Drug-Development (MIDD) and pharmacometrics, also covering aspects of data programming. The response, according to Svetlana, was very positive:
– I didn’t expect the interest to be as high as it was between professors of pharmacy. I held two separate in person presentations for pharmacy students and one online presentation for PhD students in mathematics.
The attendees were Bachelor, Master and PhD students as well as professors from the Pharmacy faculty and Ph.D. students in Mathematics. The presentations have inspired and contributed to raising the awareness of the potential of pharmacometrics and MIDD in the drug development process as well as highlighting the importance of data programming.
– The director of the Pharmacy program at University of Latvia is initiating discussions on how to include pharmacometrics into the curriculum. And, what more, two days after my presentations, one of the professors introduced her students to pharmacometrics and MIDD in drug development, so it is really exciting, Svetlana Freiberga says.
The presentations were followed by a Q&A session, and the students got tips on where to engage in pharmacometric research and what the starting learning materials and courses can be.
- Pharmetheus has dedicated one of its CSR initiatives to raising the awareness of the potential of pharmacometrics and MIDD in the drug development process,
- The focus is to collaborate with universities, reaching students and faculty
- In the spring, similar presentations were given at University of Peshawar, Pakistan, by Sami Ullah, Ph.D., Associate Consultant & QC and Medical Writer.